Castello Di Querceto
Built in XVI century, Castello di Querceto is at 47Om high above sea level in the North-Eastern part of Chianti Classico area, 7 km far from Greve. Extending over 19O hectares of land, 6O of which are planted with vineyards, the estate is now owned by the François family since 1897. Alessandro François based the philosophy of his company on the production of some particular selections coming from a deep study of the vineyards properties. His aim is to raise the characteristics and the potentialities of the different grape varieties cultivated in different conditions. After a long study of the microclimatic aspects presented by every single vineyard, he realised that the only way to obtain important wines with great personality was to make single-vineyard “crus”, keeping separated the grapes of the different fields. Therefore, beside the Chianti Classico and Chianti Classico Riserva, Castello di Querceto produces other five selections, or “crus”, coming from grapes cultivated in well-studied vineyards, harvested and fermented separately. Those wines, different in taste, perfume and personality are able to satisfy the most expert and exigent customer and are perfect for every kind of occasion.